Pulse Electromagnetic Field Therapy

KC Quarter Horses

Not sure if anyone has used it but the below is taken from Wikipedia.

I bought a machine I NZ which I used the team horses with amazing results. Brought home to treat Fergus again with amazing results. Tried it on one of my agisters horses who was short stepping and got a bit cranky when pushed. They went to PC day after treatment and horse was forward, eager and moving well.

Another WA person got one in NZ and was treating a horse with a fracture and she said the bone healed in 4 weeks and the little bone chip dissolved

Is very popular for treating pain in people and I have to say I have seen some awesome results in horses. Has anyone else tried it and if so what were your results

Wikipedia excerpt below

Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy (PEMFT), also called pulsed magnetic therapy, pulse magnetotherapy, or PEMF, is a reparative technique most commonly used in the field of orthopedics for the treatment of non-union fractures, failed fusions, congenital pseudarthrosis and depression. In the case of bone healing, PEMF uses electrical energy to direct a series of magnetic pulses through injured tissue whereby each magnetic pulse induces a tiny electrical signal that stimulates cellular repair. Many studies have also demonstrated the effectiveness of PEMF in healing soft-tissue wounds; suppressing inflammatory responses at the cell membrane level to alleviate pain, and increasing range of motion. The value of pulsed electromagnetic field therapy has been shown to cover a wide range of conditions, with well documented trials carried out by hospitals, rheumatologists, physiotherapists and neurologists. There are several electrical stimulation therapy devices, approved by the FDA, that are widely available to patients for use. These devices provide an additive solution that aid in bone growth repair and depression.[1][2]

Just so you get an idea of how much of the horse is treated below is a photo of my mare Yalambi Waltzing Matilda getting her treatment in NZ. She has now gone to Europe ans is with Skito and the team in Austria. One show and the enquiries asking if she is for sale are coming in.

I would be interested to hear other people's results with it

KC Quarter Horses

After googling it and watching a few vids in regards to humans I think I will try it on me and see how I feel after lol. I reckon the stifle pad on my lower back might do the trick lol

KC Quarter Horses

An update as I have been treating Fergus for a few weeks.

Fergus injured his suspensary tendon a couple of years ago. He was actually boxed for a year on his long road to recovery.

He had progressed to a point where we were walking him for 30 minutes twice a day and then putting ice vibe boots on him. He was also being turned out into the paddock. One thunder storm and Fergus acting like an idiot and we were back to Square one. At this point I decided that we work work him and if he got worse I would consider having him PTS.

The more we worked Fergus the better he got .... He had no real muscle on his shoulder and had to build it back. It was great when I had a groom here but he hasn't had the volume of work since she left.

He at times still showed lameness but would generally work into soundness.

For the past few weeks I have put the PEMF rug on him. Fergus is now showing no sign of lameness and is jumping out of his skin..... Back to power walking Fergus lol

Interestingly the first time we used it he pooed 8 times. He also had heat and sweat in numerous areas of his body. We get less effects each time we use it.

I am now treating an older horse that had a very hard life and is very arthritic. Only used it twice so far but she says she noticed real results after the first time. He actually had fill in his fetlocks the first time and also in his rump. Yesterday still a little fill in his front legs but can now do a stretch he couldn't before.

I am going to continue for a few weeks with this boy because he has so many underlying issues and see how we go.

I bought the rug for Fergus and am very happy that its working so well for him :)

Little Bean

Hey KC I've heard about these but listening to what you've said makes me even more interested.

Where did you buy yours from? Do they come in different sizes? Are there other 'items' you mentioned stifle pad?

:))

KC Quarter Horses

Hey KC I've heard about these but listening to what you've said makes me even more interested.

Where did you buy yours from? Do they come in different sizes? Are there other 'items' you mentioned stifle pad?

:))

Hi LB I bought mine in NZ when I was over there. If you look at the photo of my mare Tilly, you will see there is a rug, neck rug, boots and stile pads all attached.

I bought the complete system. I can say it isn't cheap so if I did not see real results on the horses over there I would not have bought one.

I did also use it on me and it did ease my back but even more important to me it has stopped the constant gastro symptoms I have suffered with since I got typhoid in 2010. I have tried all sorts of things to stop what I assume is IBS and am even booked to have endoscopy and colonoscopy to rule out bowel cancer and other gastric issues. Since treating myself with it a week and a half ago I have actually been "normal" lol. It didn't even occur o me until about 2 days later tat my gut had settled. The other thing I have noticed is I sleep better but may e that's because I have less pain and not ave to get up 4 times a night to o to toilet.

I am still trialing it, but so far it's been worth every cent I paid on it to see Fergus so good and have me feel better too. :)

I let you know how the older arthritic stallion goes .... I reckon my old girl is feeling better for it, at 27 she had me running around the paddock for an hour just to catch her to get her feet trimmed. I always know Goldie is feeling good when she gives us the run around. The farrier says usually takes Skito 10 F***ing moles before she gets her lol

Little Bean

Cheers KC :) I'm having a real dumb day and didn't realise that all the boots etc were connected :eek:

Off to google ;)

NaeNae87

It looks pretty similar to the Activo Med rugs and boots from Germany. http://www.warringtonpark.com.au/PEMF-massage-rug-information-australia-jo.pdf I am quite familliar with those rugs and the Pulse Solutions Pemf rug you have seems to work along a similar line. Products. Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Field Therapy - Pulse Solutions - Christchurch New Zealand.

I like these types of rugs moreso than the vibrating massagers, they target the horses tissue increasing blood flow and thus stimulate the lymphatic system allowing the horse to recover from exercise and injury faster.

They may be slightly too pricey for the average person, but they are a great tool to have around. :)

fpinsoles123

Top Bottom